2019 Better Business Bureau serving the Northwest and Pacific Torch Award for Ethics
Business of the Year Recipient
The Torch Award is the most prestigious BBB award presented to exceptional organizations for their dedication to integrity and ethical business practices. Each year, Better Business Bureau holds open nominations and applications for their Torch Awards program throughout the Northwest + Pacific. They allow the public to acknowledge businesses that embody high standards of trust, performance, and integrity. The BBB Standards for Trust are eight principles that summarize important elements of creating trust in the marketplace. It is a set of best practices that enhance customer trust and serves as the basis for the BBB Accreditation.
The Eight Principles:
- Build Trust
- Advertise Honestly
- Tell the Truth
- Be Transparent
- Honor Promises
- Be Responsive
- Safeguard Privacy
- Embody Integrity
About the BBB
People today are overwhelmed with choices — and often unsure about where to find verified, unbiased information. There are more than 30 million businesses in North America alone and hundreds of thousands of sites around the world where people shop online. There are thousands of free and subscription websites that offer a range of information, including reviews, reports, directories, listings, and gripe sites. BBB is the one place you can find it all.
For over 100 years, BBB has helped people make smarter decisions and is evolving to meet fast-changing marketplace needs.
- BBB sets standards for ethical business behavior and monitors compliance. Almost 400,000 Accredited Businesses meet and commit to their high standards.
- BBB helps consumers identify trustworthy businesses, and those that aren’t, through more than 5 million BBB Business Profiles.
- BBB sets standards for and evaluates thousands of advertisements each year to ensure that people can trust what advertisers say.
- BBB sets standards for and evaluates the practices of thousands of charities so that donors know where their money is going.
- BBB coaches businesses on ethical behavior and how to build stronger, more trusting relationships with their customers.
- BBB offers its national and local consumer services online and in person. Through their efforts, BBB helps millions of people each year.